It began with rain ... and more rain ... and more rain! We had quite a soaker of a morning. Mark had 2 appointments, one with the VA for bloodwork, and the other with our family doctor for his regular check up. Both went well, for which we are thankful.
We didn't even go down to the property until late afternoon, as we needed it to stop raining. The boys were happy to see us, and I wormed them with their feed. I also put wormer in the dog food for the strays.
The boy puppy was in a sorry state,
very sore from fleas on his chest, so I'd taken Capstar over in a ground beef meatball, and he gulped it down. Since I can't handle him yet, this is the only way that I can do it. Tomorrow, I'll give him another, and it looks like the other female is beginning to show signs of sores as well, so I'll try to give her one. He also has a couple of thready areas on his shoulder, but I'm hoping that a daily Capstar until I can get him trapped and vetted properly. He is a sweet boy but he is so shy if we move so much as a foot, he scarpers.He has such a sweet little face, and at least we're feeding them well as both the remaining puppies are a good size.
Mark started erecting the other pen in the new goat area, and digging a trench near the barn to try to make a run off area so that it doesn't flood every time we get a deluge.
For all that, it was a satisfying day.



No comments:
Post a Comment