Pages

Friday, July 24, 2026

Update on Little Bit



Little Bit is coming on in leaps and bounds - our $3000+ stray puppy who has decided she is home, so we are now keeping her. Her right eye has healed pretty good, and her stitches were taken out a few days ago. The vet is pleased with her growth, she was 7.8lbs on Monday but has probably added another pound since. She eats well! In fact she loves food. She doesn't like drinking water though, so I add it to all of her food, or I add beef/chicken stock/broth. I have to be sneaky or she'll end up dehydrated again and with me needing to dropper her water. This is so much easier.

Her favourite spot is on my bed, sometimes she snuggles, sometimes she plays, and her little tail wags nineteen to the dozen. She's a very happy puppy other than when I have to give her meds! I'm thankful that both cyst/abscesses are gone down now, although we can see where she is still missing fur on the skin where they were.

She is a darling. We didn't intend keeping her, our goal was to find her a home where she'd be the only puppy and be thoroughly spoiled. Unfortunately, with all the additional care she needed, and the longer period of time she was with us, she is well and truly bonded to us, me in particular. It would be cruel now to move her on.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment