We'd set the alarm for 7.30am but the dogs woke me earlier, so I made use of the extra time. First of all I let the dogs out, put down their food and left the front door open so that they could run in and out. Little Bit was jumping up at the door of her crate, yapping wildly and grinning at me, happily. She knows what happens next! I had her tub of Beneful, and I brought her in on my bed, on the towel, so that she could eat her food and then get some snuggle time. She loves that.
Mark then put Sunshine and Maisie out into their pen and fed/watered them, and we headed out the door and down to the property.
Our new helper, Levi, arrived at 11am and he and Mark set to, doing the fencing for the next goat enclosure. They did well, and accomplished one side,
and then took down the one large pen and put it on the trailer, ready to move and re-erect tomorrow in that new area. The plan is to finish the fencing tomorrow,and then move Solomon and Max into this area, and put Sunshine and Maisie in the other. We'll also be moving the pen in there to another spot.
My little melon/cucumber patch is doing good. One of the
plants has started to sprawl and has yellow flowers on it. Another is not quite as big but starting to do the same, and then I have one that's just starting out with its 2 little leaves. The others all withered and died. I'd planted watermelons, tiger melons and cucumbers and they all got blown about during a storm, and since the plants all look alike, I have no idea which these are. I love them all though, so no matter what comes up on them, cukes or melons, I'm happy.Our tomato plants are getting tall, and bushy. We seem to do well with them in the huge tubs that I grow them in.
I need to start thinking what I want to start ready for Fall planting.


No comments:
Post a Comment